About:

GNUGoS60 is a port of the FSF's GNU Go game engine to Nokia's S60 smartphone platform running on SymbianOS.

It is Free Software.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

GNUGoS60-0.1 Released (woohoo!)

I am pleased to announce that version 0.1 of GNU Go for S60 has been released. You can download it here.

It supports S60 3rd edition and S60 2nd editions. The support for 3rd edition is a bit better than 2nd edition which still has a kind of hack in to make it run at all, but that slows it down pretty severely. Nevertheless it plays a game of Go. Not much else, but it's a reasonable start.

Version 0.2 will seek to implement some of the more important features that are missing from the interface, though might be a while coming, so enjoy version 0.1 for now :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I can't install v3 on my nokia 6680 - "corrupted file" and v2 does't run at all (after successful installation). Have any idea why?

Gnu Go for S60 said...

Thank you both for the feedback.

I created 2 error reports on the sourceforge.net page to track the issues.

[ 1651165 ] failed with KERN-EXEC / 13x13 / N80

This is probably a stack overflow. It might take a while to work out where, especially as I have not any "replay" feature yet, but these kind of issues are high priority to fix in order for the game to be useful.

[ 1651164 ] can't install/run on nokia 6680

I think 6680 is a v2 device, so it's expected that the v3 won't install. The v2 one should run though, so that's a definite problem. I don't have a 6680, though I can try on 6670 or maybe a couple of other models find someone with them. hopefully I can reproduce the problem on some phone and find a fix fairly quickly.

Unknown said...

Awsome project :D But it wont start on my 6630 (v2 device). The program starts, even allocate some memory, then abort within a few secs.