About:

GNUGoS60 is a port of the FSF's GNU Go game engine to Nokia's S60 smartphone platform running on SymbianOS.

It is Free Software.

Sunday, November 26, 2006

GnuGo for S60 Supports Different Board Sizes



As you can see above and below, I have added rudimentary support for different board sizes now to GNUGoS60. This makes it much easier to do quick testing of new features because I don't need to wait for ever to have the game complete. There seem to be a few things that I need to re-initialize because I noticed that the emulator becomes unstable after a while when changing board sizes a lot. Anyway, something for a later date. For now, the changes have been checked into CVS, so you can see the development "live" so to speak.

One thing I noticed was that there is no way to end the game. So I added the "pass" menu also. Don't have time to add the functionality yet though even though it's probably just a few minutes work once I get around to investigating it. I think I'll have a think about how I want the UI to work before adding a lot of the rest of the GnuGo interface features.


0 comments: