About:

GNUGoS60 is a port of the FSF's GNU Go game engine to Nokia's S60 smartphone platform running on SymbianOS.

It is Free Software.

Saturday, November 18, 2006

ECompXL again

Finally got some time to read about ECompXL properly. Turns out that it doesn't support libraries, so I needed to put all the code into one big .app file. This is no big deal really. I would have expected the .dlls to be loaded all the time the game is running anyway. The split was just for convenience.

Anyway, the real global data support now meant that I could roll back all my changes to move them all to Tls. It was painful to move them there in the first place, but I am glad to be rid. I used "beyond compare" to merge back with the original version of gnugo. I have a lot less changes now, so less chance of going wrong. Overall the switch to ECompXL is well worth the effort for me.

I could actually merge out more changes than I actually did. I left in the dllexports that I put in when I had the code split into libraries, but those are not necessary anymore. That's next on the todo list.

For the moment I am getting the below message on the console after playing the second move. That is a standard gnugo error message, so at least I seem to be past the hard crashing phase, though I am quite sure that the trigger for the gnugo error is either something I have done or something that I need to do because it's on Symbian.



Still it's not a kernel panic or other exception, rather an application level error. Some sort of progress maintained even after two lots of wholesale changes.

Next plan is to start putting some of this code in sourceforge CVS...

0 comments: