About:

GNUGoS60 is a port of the FSF's GNU Go game engine to Nokia's S60 smartphone platform running on SymbianOS.

It is Free Software.

Sunday, November 04, 2007

You Lost!



Over the last few weeks I've been slowly adding the missing features and fixing some of the bugs in preparation for some sort of 0.2 release, hopefully before the end of the year. Finally now it can tell you whether you won or lost the game. Great functionality there :)

Must. Add. Scoring.

Anyway, it now also indicates when a move is valid. Shows a "ghost" stone along with the cursor. Indicates the last computer move. Lets you set the level (from 1 to 10). Lets you set the board size (from 5 to 19). Shows your move before going off and "thinking". I've also just begun to make it multi-threaded, so the GUI shouldn't lock-up like it does now when it is busy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for your excellent port of GNU Go for S60. I own a N95 and I like your game very much.
Thank you for the evolutions. Especially the level will be helpful for me ;-)

Now I think the most important evolution will be the possibility to connect to a remote Go server, to have faster moves from the AI.

Congratuations and good luck !

Unknown said...

Great to see the project is still going :D Since the v0.1 version did not run on my nokia 6630 im realy looking forward to the new version :D Thank you!